Ferrari drivers Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz both took to social media to publicly thank departing team boss Mattia Binotto, after what Leclerc described as "four very intense years together" at the team.
It was announced on Tuesday that Binotto – who had worked at Ferrari since 1995 but took over as Team Principal in 2019 – had resigned from his role after a 2022 campaign that saw the Scuderia finish second in the championship.
Leclerc – a former member of the Ferrari Driver Academy – joined the team as a full-time driver back in 2019 in Binotto’s first year in charge. Since then, he has entered 81 Grands Prix for Ferrari, achieving five race wins, 18 pole positions and 24 podiums – and taking second place in this year's drivers' championship – all under Binotto’s stewardship.
READ MORE: Mattia Binotto’s highs and lows – The key moments from his four seasons in charge at Ferrari
In a farewell post to Binotto on Instagram, Leclerc said: “Thank you for everything, Mattia. We spent four very intense years together, full of great satisfaction and also, inevitably, moments that tested us.
"My esteem and respect for you have never diminished, and we have always worked with full dedication to achieve the same goals. Good luck [with] everything.”
Team mate Sainz has spent the last two years working under Binotto after joining the team from McLaren at the start of the 2021 season, when Binotto opted to draft him in as a replacement for Sebastian Vettel.
ANALYSIS: Why Binotto's gone now, what’s next for him – and who will replace him at Ferrari
The Spaniard – who took his first race win at Silverstone in July – paid tribute to the work of Binotto, praising his ability to push the team forward “through thick and thin”.
“Grazie Mattia,” said Sainz. “It’s been a pleasure to work alongside you to push the team and ourselves forward through thick and thin. Thanks for the great memories and moments we shared in and out of a racing track and all the best in your future endeavours.”